Stefan Monnier writes: >>>> I've attached a patch that calls all of the processes asynchronously, >>>> uses `special-mode' and modifies `net-utils-font-lock-keywords' >>>> conservatively (according to David's multi-platform argument). >>> Thanks, but why didn't you define the ipconfig alias as well? The >>> previous version did support it, and I see no reason for removing it >>> at this time. >> Oversite on my part. I deleted the old `net-utils-run-program' calls >> without being careful. Attached is a patch with the alias definition. > > Looks good, thank you. > We're in feature freeze (actually in pretest) so we'll install it when > we create the branch for Emacs-23.2. > > > Stefan > > > PS: The (use-local-map net-utils-mode-map) is superfluous. I understand that the emacs 23.2 branch has been created so here is the patch once more minus the superfluous call to `use-local-map'.