Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Amin Bandali >> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org >> Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 11:12:34 -0400 >> >> I think the changes are simple yet useful enough to be in emacs-27; >> though in hindsight, the master branch may have been a better place for >> them. That said, if you or others spot any issues with them, I'd be >> more than happy to try and address them, or even revert them if needed. > > The danger is that we release Emacs 27.1 with some problem caused by > these changes undetected. But if you think this danger is small, I > guess I'm okay with that. > > Thanks. > Makes sense. In this specific case, I really do think the danger is small, as I didn't make any changes to the implementation logic for either of the two original functions, and the two new functions only differ from the original ones in using `switch-to-buffer-other-window'. That said if there is anything unclear or suspicious-looking about my changes, please let me know and I will revert them and apply them to master instead. Thanks, amin