Stefan Monnier writes: >> - text hidden via text properties is not well-handled by isearch. For >> overlays, isearch can temporary reveal the hidden text, which is not >> the case for text hidden using 'invisible text property. > > The recommending way to avoid this problem is to provide a patch which > extends Isearch's handling of invisible text to text-properties. > There's no reason to presume it would be hard to do. > >> - text properties are not buffer-local in indirect buffers. With >> overlays, it is possible to have define hidden text in basic and >> indirect buffer independently. However, text properties will always be >> shared and the text hidden in indirect buffer will automatically be >> hidden in the base buffer as well. > > And the way I recommend to avoid this problem is to stay clear of > indirect buffers (which I consider as an attractive nuisance). > > > Stefan > -- Ihor Radchenko, PhD, Center for Advancing Materials Performance from the Nanoscale (CAMP-nano) State Key Laboratory for Mechanical Behavior of Materials, Xi'an Jiaotong University, Xi'an, China Email: yantar92@gmail.com, ihor_radchenko@alumni.sutd.edu.sg