Hello, I found some oversights in mailcap-add-mailcap-entry for which I am proposing three different solutions in the form of attached patches. The later patches actually supersede the earlier ones, but I am leaving them in for the case that my understanding of the functionʼs operation is wrong. I have to admit, though, that the mail has gotten somewhat long for such a relatively minor matter, and I am unsure about the format and formatting, so let me know if there are any issues with it. mailcap-add-mailcap-entry calls at its end setcdr twice, one call nested into the other: #+begin_src emacs-lisp (setcdr old-major (setcdr old-major (cons (cons minor info) (cdr old-major)))) #+end_src Given that setcdr returns its second argument, i.e. the NEWCDR, I believe that setcdr here is essentially called twice with the same arguments. Therefore, one of the setcdr calls is superfluous and should be removed.