Eli Zaretskii writes: >> ;; Make gc pauses faster by decreasing the threshold again (from the increased initial). >> (setq gc-cons-threshold (* 20 1024 1024)) >> ;; original value: 800 000 >> >> ;; speed up reading from external processes >> (setq read-process-output-max (* 1024 1024)) ;; 1mb > > This can only be done around specific portions of code known in > advance to be long and GC-intensive. I don't think this kind of > technique can be used in the situation described by the OP. This is at the end: My emacs simply has a ~25x higher gc threshold than normal and allows more caching of process output. That helps a lot with lsp (language servers). Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein, ohne es zu merken. draketo.de