In the thread http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/44339 (starting with <87hdbdxo94.fsf@mahaena.lrde>) we discussed ways to add interactive specs to a C function. Kim F. Storm proposed good-looking solutions, but they were discarded because the specs were specified in another file, or something like that. It wasn't clear if it really was a bad idea (in fact, I liked it ;-)) but AFAICS, the problem is still there. The last patch he proposed was in (but this one accepts that two aliases have different interactive specs, and RMS didn't like that.) The starting point of this thread was to turn set-file-modes interactive so that it can call an annex Lisp function to translate "a+rx" to... well, numeric. Can we think about that now? -- | Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac | Si j'étais sous-secrétaire d'État | | http://michael.cadilhac.name | aux choux farcis, vous entendriez | | JID/MSN: | beaucoup parler des choux farcis ! | `---- michael.cadilhac@gmail.com | -- Nicolas Sarkozy - --'