Dear Emacs developers, >> On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 03:29:02 +0200 >> juri@jurta.org (Juri Linkov) said as follows: >> I think that the above code still have a problem: the above code >> moves a cursor to the end of line temporarily. I think that such >> temoporal movement will confuse users. >Yes, it would be too bad to move the cursor to the end of the line. >But `minibuffer-message' doesn't do this: it leaves the cursor before >the additional message appended to the minibuffer. Thanks. This is my first time to notice `minibuffer-message' because the first version of shell-command.el was created when I used Mule-2.3 based on Emacs-19.34. I have just prepared the minimized patch to support tab-completion features for `shell-command' etc. It is attached at the end of this message. Because several users do not want to see the current directory, the default values of prompt options do not contain %-sequences. >However, I still don't see a solution for the problem how to display >the message (such as "[Completing command name...]") without a delay, >and leave it visible to the user persistently without interfering with >the user input. Persistently? It may be quite difficult to realize, because a completion function must know when it will disappear its temporal message based on only user actions. Regards, -- TSUCHIYA Masatoshi