* Solaris 5.8 version hangs again (X resources for faces?)
@ 2008-07-14 13:27 Klaus Zeitler
From: Klaus Zeitler @ 2008-07-14 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

In May I reported a problem with the Solaris (5.8) version of emacs 23
(Subject: startup hangs in select call in wait_reading_process_output)
Since then I wasn't able to start emacs 23 up till recently, but last
week I could start emacs again for the first time in weeks.
Unfortunately faces from X resources were not read anymore and 2 days
later I was back to my original problem, i.e. emacs hangs in startup.
It seems as if both my problems have something to do with the following 3
lines in function face-set-after-frame-default in faces.el:

	  ;; X resouces for the default face are applied during
	  ;; x-create-frame.
	  (and (not (eq face 'default))
	       (memq (window-system frame) '(x w32 mac))
	       (make-face-x-resource-internal face frame))

When I remove these 3 lines from faces.el and rebuild emacs, emacs starts
fine, but my face definitions are gone.

I appreciate any help. Thanks

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Alcatel-Lucent               |
|  Email:             kzeitler@alcatel-lucent.com  |
---
Nichts auf der Welt ist so gerecht verteilt wie der Verstand.  Denn
jedermann ist überzeugt, daß er genug davon habe. -- Rene Descartes