* Something odd just happened
@ 2014-01-10 17:17 Eric S. Raymond
From: Eric S. Raymond @ 2014-01-10 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Something odd just happened.  During commit. Bazaar listed as
"modified" a file I had not touched: lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio.el

Whoever owns that should check to make sure it's in the right state.

A ``decay in the social contract'' is detectable; there is a growing
feeling, particularly among middle-income taxpayers, that they are not
getting back, from society and government, their money's worth for
taxes paid. The tendency is for taxpayers to try to take more control
of their finances...	-- IRS Strategic Plan, (May 1984)

* Re: Something odd just happened
@ 2014-01-10 18:28 ` David Engster
From: David Engster @ 2014-01-10 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S. Raymond; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eric S. Raymond writes:
> Something odd just happened.  During commit.

So you are working with a bound branch?

> Bazaar listed as "modified" a file I had not touched:
> lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio.el

It contains generated autoloads, so it can change during build if the
other eieio* files were changed (rev. 115955).

> Whoever owns that should check to make sure it's in the right state.

It is.

-David

* Re: Something odd just happened
@ 2014-01-10 18:49 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2014-01-10 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S. Raymond; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: esr@thyrsus.com (Eric S. Raymond)
> Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 12:17:55 -0500 (EST)
>
> Something odd just happened.  During commit. Bazaar listed as
> "modified" a file I had not touched: lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio.el

Some of the *.el files have autoload cookies in them, which can be
updated when other Lisp files are updated.  It's normal.

When this happens, you can either commit the modified file (as a
separate commit, please), or revert it and wait for someone else to do
that.