* Starting a subprocess in stopped state
@ 2017-05-02 19:04 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2017-05-02 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

My reading of process.c seems to indicate that the :stop attribute of
make-process only has effect on network or serial or pipe process
types; a process running a program cannot use that attribute, and can
only stopped by explicitly calling stop-process.  Is this correct, or
did I miss something?  This is not explicitly documented.

What I see in the code is that when make-process is called with the
:stop attribute non-nil, the file descriptor to be used for reading
the process output is not added to the list of descriptors watched by
pselect.  But that doesn't really suspend the process like SIGTSTP
would, right?  And I see no other code that specifically handles the
:stop attribute.  Am I missing something?

TIA