Michael Albinus writes: Hi Michael, > The Java D-Bus bindings offer the interface > org.freedesktop.dbus.DirectConnection, which "Handles a peer to peer > connection between two applications withou a bus daemon.". See > . Likely > this is what you've asked for; it isn't implemented in the Emacs > bindings. That's exactly what I meant. Some applications communicate through dbus, using peer-to-peer communications, without using a bus. The Python binding allows for direct connections to be open like the following (TCP in this example): import dbus; conn = dbus.connection.Connection("tcp:host=localhost,port=1234") I think that calling `dbus_connection_open' with a dbus address would be enough to support direct connections in the Emacs binding (but I might be wrong). Cheers, Nico