Hi, The last few weeks, I've been getting jsonrpc.el ready for integration into core (master/26.2) and/or ELPA.git. There's a new version after my sig, or you can find it in the jsonrpc-refactor branch of: https://github.com/joaotavora/eglot The `;;; Commentary:' section contains an introduction to the mostly new API and the rudiments of a future manual, as do the dostrings. I think I have addressed most comments posted here by reviewers, to whom I'm very grateful: - The API library is based on a single `jsonrpc-connection' eieio class and some cl-generic functions; - That class is abstract, so it's no good to use on its own, you have to subclass it. There is, however, a `jsonrpc-process-connection' transport suitable for LSP (and possibly other uses), which also serves as an example transport implementation. - eglot.el (in the jsonrpc-refactor branch) is working on top of the new library and servers as an example application implementation, as do the tests in jsonrpc-tests.el; - The library works with json.c if it is available, or json.el in its absence, which makes it compatible with Emacs 26.1. Note that if json.c is available, the library expects it to accept customizable null and false types in json-parse-string and json-serialize, which is a patch that I'm still waiting for comments on; - The library exchanges JSON objects with the client as plists. I still haven't gotten a very convincing argument to do so, but it could be made plist/alist/hashtable-agnostic. This would probably amount to writing a `jsonrpc--destructure-json' which autodetects the map type and using it instead of `cl-destructuring-bind'; - tests aren't extensive, but they do cover some tricky corner cases. eglot's tests are also passing on top of the new jsonrpc.el. The "deferred actions" code has been cleaned up of many bugs (thanks to Filipp Gunbin) but perhaps it would be wise to write tests for those; - The `jsonrpc-process-connection' class sends the Content-Type header along with Content-Length; - There is no more functions jsonrpc-current-connection/jsonrpc-current-connection-or-lose. There are also no more interactive functions. Applications should implement those; - There are no defcustoms; After integration, I can write up the proper docs and NEWS entry. João