Eli Zaretskii writes: > [...] perhaps add-log.el could be extended to be able to use a buffer > name, not just a file name, for where to put the log messages. It > already allows you to customize the file name; it could do something > similar with a buffer name, and that buffer could have no file name. > Then a large part of your problems would go away, AFAIU. Hi Eli, Find attached a patch that does exactly this. It is only lightly tested, so I need a clinical eye that I didn't break anything. Fortunately, it is quite short. Appropriately, I used it to compose the commit message (and I don't have any ChangeLog files lying around). If this is accepted, I can submit more patches for more related functionality. The next two I imagine, in this order, are: * C-c C-c (commit-time in vc-log) somehow disables the entries collected by C-c C-a in the ChangeLog buffer. * Use a single ChangeLog buffer indexed by projects (Stefan's idea) Thanks, João