* What version of harfbuzz is required?
@ 2020-11-11 15:51 Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2020-11-11 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,

When building emacs from master I get the warning:

WARNING: This configuration uses the Cairo graphics library,
but not the HarfBuzz font shaping library.  We recommend the use
of HarfBuzz when using Cairo, please install HarfBuzz development
packages.

I have harfbuzz bin and dev libraries (0.9.35-2+deb8u1) installed, but
presumably they are too old. I am using i686 GNU/Linux 3.16.0-11-686-pae
#1 SMP Debian 3.16.84-1 (2020-06-09).

What minimal harfbuzz version do I need?

Thanks

Colin Baxter.