Eli Zaretskii writes: > > I'm not sure this is related. As I wrote, it is okay for the input > method not to support more than one tonos following a base character. > But that does not (and should not) prevent the user from typing as > many tonos accents as he/she pleases by other means. The only > requirement from Emacs is not to crash as result of displaying such > sequences. I think there is also a misunderstanding here about how we input accents. First we define the accent e.g "´" and then we add the vowel "α" -> "ά". We do not add a vowel and then "throw" accents at it, thus it's not possible to add multiple tonos etc. Combinations of accents have specific keybindings, usually using modifier keys (Meta, Control). Do you have any examples of quail or any other input method that uses modifier keys? -- Thanos Apollo https://thanosapollo.org