Luca Capello writes: > This is because erc-default-port (lisp/erc/erc.el:1463) defines the > port number as a string, thus breaking socks-find-services-entry > (lisp/net/socks.el:551). Thanks for the report. I've fixed this in upstream ERC, and will merge to Emacs trunk shortly. I decided to use the number 6667 instead of a string. The reason that we don't want to use ircd there is that Mac OS X is unable to look up that particular service (IIRC). I remember getting at least one report about it. -- Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 | http://mwolson.org/ -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net | /` |\ | | | Sysadmin -- Hobbies: Lisp, GP2X, HCoop | |_] | \| |_| Projects: Emacs, Muse, ERC, EMMS, ErBot, DVC, Planner |