* doc for call-process, ARGS is missing
@ 2008-03-11  1:43 Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2008-03-11  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Devel

ARGS is totally missing from the doc string.

* Re: doc for call-process, ARGS is missing
@ 2008-03-11  1:47 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2008-03-11  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman (gmail); +Cc: Emacs Devel

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

> ARGS is totally missing from the doc string.

Not so:

  Remaining arguments are strings passed as command arguments to PROGRAM.

* Re: doc for call-process, ARGS is missing
@ 2008-03-11  1:55 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2008-03-11  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman (gmail); +Cc: Emacs Devel

--
Bastien

* Re: doc for call-process, ARGS is missing
@ 2008-03-11  1:58   ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2008-03-11  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: Emacs Devel

Chong Yidong wrote:
> "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> ARGS is totally missing from the doc string.
>
> Not so:
>
>   Remaining arguments are strings passed as command arguments to PROGRAM.

Thanks Chong and Bastien, it is there, but wouldn't it be good if it
were more explicit?

* Re: doc for call-process, ARGS is missing
@ 2008-03-11  2:04     ` Bastien Guerry
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2008-03-11  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman (gmail); +Cc: Chong Yidong, Emacs Devel

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

> Chong Yidong wrote:
>> "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> ARGS is totally missing from the doc string.
>>
>> Not so:
>>
>>   Remaining arguments are strings passed as command arguments to PROGRAM.
>
> Thanks Chong and Bastien, it is there, but wouldn't it be good if it
> were more explicit?

"Remaing arguments ARGS" would perhaps be clearer.  But ARGS is quite a
standard way of referring to such remaining arguments...

--
Bastien

* Re: doc for call-process, ARGS is missing
@ 2008-03-11  2:14       ` Bastien Guerry
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2008-03-11  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman (gmail); +Cc: Chong Yidong, Emacs Devel

Bastien Guerry <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Chong Yidong wrote:

>>> Not so:
>>>
>>>   Remaining arguments are strings passed as command arguments to PROGRAM.
>>
>> Thanks Chong and Bastien, it is there, but wouldn't it be good if it
>> were more explicit?
>
> "Remaing arguments ARGS" would perhaps be clearer.  But ARGS is quite a
> standard way of referring to such remaining arguments...

And looking back again to the comment, I think the reason for not using
"Remaining argument ARGS" in the first place was to keep the whole line
under 75 characters - avoiding rejection of "PROGRAM" on a third line..

:-)

--
Bastien