* GTK font selector
@ 2008-06-10 21:30 Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2008-06-10 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I've installed a couple of font-related changes to CVS.  The font parser
will now attempt to understand GTK-style font names.  It tries to guess
whether a font name is in the GTK format ("Monospace Bold 9") or the
Fontconfig format ("Monospace-9:bold").

I *think* it shouldn't be possible to confuse the parser for any
real-world font names, but it would be good if people could test this.

Also, now that Emacs can understand GTK font names, I've changed the
Options->Save Options menu entry so that, when running under GTK with
fontconfig support, it pops up a GTK font selector instead of Emacs'
usual font menu.  The selected font is applied to the `default' face on
all frames, via Customize.

Please let me know if there are any problems.

* Re: GTK font selector
@ 2008-06-11  4:53 ` İsmail Dönmez
From: İsmail Dönmez @ 2008-06-11  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 12:30 AM, Chong Yidong <cyd@stupidchicken.com> wrote:
> I've installed a couple of font-related changes to CVS.  The font parser
> will now attempt to understand GTK-style font names.  It tries to guess
> whether a font name is in the GTK format ("Monospace Bold 9") or the
> Fontconfig format ("Monospace-9:bold").
>
> I *think* it shouldn't be possible to confuse the parser for any
> real-world font names, but it would be good if people could test this.
>
> Also, now that Emacs can understand GTK font names, I've changed the
> Options->Save Options menu entry so that, when running under GTK with
> fontconfig support, it pops up a GTK font selector instead of Emacs'
> usual font menu.  The selected font is applied to the `default' face on
> all frames, via Customize.
>
> Please let me know if there are any problems.

I am now getting the following error :

error: Font `Droid Sans Mono-11.3' is not defined

This used to work fine until today so I guess its your commit that broke it.

Regards,
ismail

--
Never learn by your mistakes, if you do you may never dare to try again.

* Re: GTK font selector
@ 2008-06-11  4:55   ` İsmail Dönmez
From: İsmail Dönmez @ 2008-06-11  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hi again,

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 7:53 AM, İsmail Dönmez <ismail@namtrac.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 12:30 AM, Chong Yidong <cyd@stupidchicken.com> wrote:
>> I've installed a couple of font-related changes to CVS.  The font parser
>> will now attempt to understand GTK-style font names.  It tries to guess
>> whether a font name is in the GTK format ("Monospace Bold 9") or the
>> Fontconfig format ("Monospace-9:bold").
>>
>> I *think* it shouldn't be possible to confuse the parser for any
>> real-world font names, but it would be good if people could test this.
>>
>> Also, now that Emacs can understand GTK font names, I've changed the
>> Options->Save Options menu entry so that, when running under GTK with
>> fontconfig support, it pops up a GTK font selector instead of Emacs'
>> usual font menu.  The selected font is applied to the `default' face on
>> all frames, via Customize.
>>
>> Please let me know if there are any problems.
>
> I am now getting the following error :
>
> error: Font `Droid Sans Mono-11.3' is not defined
>
> This used to work fine until today so I guess its your commit that broke it.

Looks like it doesn't like the .3 part, Droid Sans Mono-11 works fine
but definitely smaller than 11.3.

Regards,
ismail

--

@ 2008-06-11  6:00   ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2008-06-11  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: İsmail Dönmez; +Cc: emacs-devel

"İsmail Dönmez" <ismail@namtrac.org> writes:

> I am now getting the following error :
>
> error: Font `Droid Sans Mono-11.3' is not defined
>
> This used to work fine until today so I guess its your commit that broke it.

Should be fixed now, thanks.

* Re: GTK font selector
@ 2008-06-11  6:18     ` İsmail Dönmez
From: İsmail Dönmez @ 2008-06-11  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 9:00 AM, Chong Yidong <cyd@stupidchicken.com> wrote:
> "İsmail Dönmez" <ismail@namtrac.org> writes:
>
>> I am now getting the following error :
>>
>> error: Font `Droid Sans Mono-11.3' is not defined
>>
>> This used to work fine until today so I guess its your commit that broke it.
>
> Should be fixed now, thanks.

Thanks confirmed.

--
Never learn by your mistakes, if you do you may never dare to try again.