* Students and mentors for SOC2009
@ 2009-02-09 19:39 Daniel Clemente
From: Daniel Clemente @ 2009-02-09 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

  Now we have in [1] some ideas and in [2] some firmer proposals for Google's program Summer Of Code

[1] http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/SummerOfCode2009
[2] http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas.html

  Apart from just ideas, we need persons:

  If you are a student and want to do something in Emacs, you don't have to wait for the offer to appear. Find by yourself a person who could help you in it, and ask him/her if they can be mentor of your project. Maybe they accept.

  If you are experienced, would like to offer help, and would like to have some functionality completed by others: offer projects about them.

PS:  Of course, this can also be done in any time of the year, but with SOC there's more momentum.

* Re: Students and mentors for SOC2009
@ 2009-02-24 19:37 ` Daniel Clemente
From: Daniel Clemente @ 2009-02-24 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

   Some status about Google's Summer of code
   The period to submit the ideas list starts in two weeks (March 9th), according to: http://code.google.com/soc/

El dl, feb 09 2009, Daniel Clemente va escriure:
>   Now we have in [1] some ideas and in [2] some firmer proposals for Google's program Summer Of Code
>
> [1] http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/SummerOfCode2009
> [2] http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas.html
>

>   Apart from just ideas, we need persons:

  This still applies. There are lots of projects but few „projects with mentor“. Projects must be adopted by a mentor who can communicate with the person who will develop it.

-- Daniel