On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 12:01:31 -0400 Stefan Monnier wrote: >>>> Yes! In particular, context expressions in CFEngine are things like >>>> "a_b_c.d_e" and it's a pain to skip over them with the usual `M-f' or >>>> CUA keybindings. SM> I use C-M-f, C-M-b, C-M-t for that. >> Right. Well, do you want me to work on the symbol-word minor mode or >> will you? It seems like a pretty useful change. SM> I do not plan to work on it, so please go ahead. You might want to SM> start from subword.el which makes a similar change, tho in a different SM> direction (making words smaller rather than larger). The below simply adds a buffer-local `subword-superiority' defcustom which, when set, makes `subword-mode' treat symbol_words as a single word. I named it to reflect the opposite behavior (the opposite of "sub" is usually "super", e.g. subscript vs. superscript). Let me know what you think and if you'd rather see a separate mode or even a separate file instead. IMO it's such a simple change that I'd rather not make it a big deal. The only possible enhancement I'd want over the attached is to also make `subword-mode' override the CUA keyboard shortcuts (C-left, C-right), but I wasn't sure if that's OK in general. Ted