Eli Zaretskii writes: > > I noticed that only about a half of these are pcase patterns. All > > other occurrences are in "normal" code. I wonder if I should fix > > them all at once (would be a bit less work for me)? We speak about > > somewhat over 1000 occurrences. > > Not sure I follow: fixing _all_ of them will be _less_ work for you? I mean less work in summa. > I'm okay with only fixing pcase usage at this time, if you feel that > would be enough for one changeset. It would be ok for me to do both at once if that's also ok for you. > > BTW, while preparing the first patch I already found tons of > > unnecessary quotes outside of pcase patterns: quotes quoting > > self-evaluating objects like strings and numbers. > > Really? Can you show a few examples? Maybe there's something wrong > with our documentation if people make such mistakes. Here is the result of a quick search. As Stefan said, I don't say we should fix (all of) these. But some really look strange. There are many quoted strings - I wonder if these quotes change the behavior of the compiler or so? I tiny fraction of the matches may be cases where the quote is significant, e.g. when located in a quoted structure, like in '('1).