Eli Zaretskii writes: >> Ihor Radchenko writes: >> >> > I like this idea. Maybe we can simply change the default value of >> > find-function-after-hook like in the attached patch? >> >> We generally prefer not to add hooks like this if we can avoid it. We >> can usually just change the code instead. >> >> For example, in this case maybe we could just call `push-mark' at the >> end of `help-function-def--button-function'. > > Indeed, especially since the proposed change to find-func.el would > affect all users of that package. Agree. I updated the patch and also added support for widen-automatically variable. See below. Best, Ihor