Philip Kaludercic writes: > Omar Polo writes: > >> For some reason I don't know yet, the NickServ still says that I've got >> 30 seconds to identify myself, but in reality I'm already logged in. I >> don't know basically anything about how the irc protocol works, so I'm >> probably missing something incredibly obvious. > > Have you experienced any issues since? It might also be that this is a > server side issue? What do other clients say? > >> What do you think? > > I think this would be a good addition. One might even want to go > further and add functions to automate the certfp authentication. But > that might be a too much for rcirc. > > Also, the manual should be updated to explain how this works. here's another try. The first diff is something I noticed while trying to document the cerfp option in the rcirc documentation: the sasl section seems to split the bitlbee paragraph, so I move that. The second diff is the certfp implementation revised after your comments. The third diff reworks some function to avoid the manual lookup with dolist and use assoc instead. I'm not sure if/how should I edit the etc/NEWS file and if the commit messages are fine. Additionally, should the paragraph explaining certfp in the manual also tell the user how to create a certificate and how to activate it? Thanks, Omar Polo