Eli Zaretskii writes: > And in any case, even if you want not to go through a temporary file, > I'd prefer to edit the original recipe in sed1v2.inp instead of adding > a DOS-specific recipe, as the former is safer for changes on the > release branch. Thanks, I opted to implement this option, and it works well. I also implemented futimens (and based on that, utimensat), and fixed the rest of the issues you outlined above. If the following patch looks good to you, I will install it on emacs-28. Thanks.