Hi, The Japanese dictionary bundled with Emacs has a small vocabulary. For example, to convert "なごや" to "名古屋" (Nagoya) in Kanji, I would enter "なご" and convert it to "名古", then enter "や" and convert it to "屋". Because the Japanese dictionary bundled with Emacs does not have "名古屋 ". The skkdic-convert function in the ja-dic-cnv package generates the Japanese dictionary, but the logic includes the dictionary vocabulary reduction process. So I have created a patch to add an option to skip this reduction process. I would be happy to receive your review and feedback.