Yuan Fu writes: > Hi all, Hi, > Since Emacs 29 is now released, I’d like to propose adding expreg to > ELPA. Expreg can be considered a lite version of expand-region. The > notable difference is its use of tree-sitter for language-specific > expansions. I also took the liberty to do things differently than > expand-region, eg, expreg uses a smaller number of expanders [1]; it > is easier to debug when the expansion isn’t what you expected; and it > only provides two functions for expansion and contraction, and one > variable for adding/removing expanders—no transient maps and other > “smart” features, nor different variables to set for each major mode. > > The obvious downsides is that, of course, it’s pretty useless on > anything other than lisp if you don’t have tree-sitter grammars and > major mode installed. You can use it in a non-tree-sitter major mode, > as long the tree-sitter grammar exists. You only need to create a > parser and expreg will automatically use the parser [2]. > > I’ve been using it for months and ironed out all sorts of edge-cases, and can recommend it for daily usage. this looks nice! I have a few comments that might be interesting: