* unicode branch is merged to trunk
@ 2008-02-01 16:13 Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2008-02-01 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

There are two CVS tags bracketing the merge,
"before-merge-unicode-to-trunk", and "merge-unicode-to-trunk".

The only processing of ChangeLogs I did was to _prepend_ the
ChangeLog.unicode files to the corresponding ChangeLogs, munge the dates in
the ChangeLog entries (to be today), and delete ChangeLog.unicode files.

I didn't do anything with "etc/NEWS.unicode", as the structure of
"etc/NEWS" seems to be complicated enough that some effort will be required
to merge them.

Thanks,

-Miles

--
Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.

* Re: unicode branch is merged to trunk
@ 2008-02-01 17:02 ` Stefan Monnier
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2008-02-01 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miles Bader; +Cc: emacs-devel

> There are two CVS tags bracketing the merge,
> "before-merge-unicode-to-trunk", and "merge-unicode-to-trunk".

> The only processing of ChangeLogs I did was to _prepend_ the
> ChangeLog.unicode files to the corresponding ChangeLogs, munge the dates in
> the ChangeLog entries (to be today), and delete ChangeLog.unicode files.

> I didn't do anything with "etc/NEWS.unicode", as the structure of
> "etc/NEWS" seems to be complicated enough that some effort will be required
> to merge them.

Alleluia!

* Re: unicode branch is merged to trunk
@ 2008-02-01 17:16 ` Tom Rauchenwald
From: Tom Rauchenwald @ 2008-02-01 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> writes:

> There are two CVS tags bracketing the merge,
> "before-merge-unicode-to-trunk", and "merge-unicode-to-trunk".
>
> The only processing of ChangeLogs I did was to _prepend_ the
> ChangeLog.unicode files to the corresponding ChangeLogs, munge the dates in
> the ChangeLog entries (to be today), and delete ChangeLog.unicode files.
>
> I didn't do anything with "etc/NEWS.unicode", as the structure of
> "etc/NEWS" seems to be complicated enough that some effort will be required
> to merge them.
>
> Thanks,

Thanks for your work! It is highly appreciated.

> -Miles

Tom

--
Then I drew in a breath, and my renewed will with it, lifted the rod
in my right hand, murmured a phrase in a language I didn't know, and

* Re: unicode branch is merged to trunk
@ 2008-02-01 17:26 ` Christian Faulhammer
From: Christian Faulhammer @ 2008-02-01 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miles Bader; +Cc: emacs-devel

Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org>:

> There are two CVS tags bracketing the merge,
> "before-merge-unicode-to-trunk", and "merge-unicode-to-trunk".

 And to advertise a bit: Merged version available in Gentoo's
repositories.

V-Li

<URL:http://www.faulhammer.org/>

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: unicode branch is merged to trunk
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-02-01 17:55 ` William Xu
From: William Xu @ 2008-02-01 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> writes:

> There are two CVS tags bracketing the merge,
> "before-merge-unicode-to-trunk", and "merge-unicode-to-trunk".
>
> The only processing of ChangeLogs I did was to _prepend_ the
> ChangeLog.unicode files to the corresponding ChangeLogs, munge the dates in
> the ChangeLog entries (to be today), and delete ChangeLog.unicode files.
>
> I didn't do anything with "etc/NEWS.unicode", as the structure of
> "etc/NEWS" seems to be complicated enough that some effort will be required
> to merge them.

Finally !

I bless i might bootstrap my carbon emacs after the merge...

--
William

http://williamxu.net9.org

* Re: unicode branch is merged to trunk
@ 2008-02-01 18:53   ` csant
From: csant @ 2008-02-01 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Xu, emacs-devel

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 18:55:01 +0100, William Xu <william.xwl@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I bless i might bootstrap my carbon emacs after the merge...

Make bootstrap seems to fail here because some lisp/international/subst-*
files are missing?
/c

* Re: unicode branch is merged to trunk
@ 2008-02-01 18:56     ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2008-02-01 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: csant; +Cc: William Xu, emacs-devel

() csant <csant@csant.info>
() Fri, 01 Feb 2008 19:53:24 +0100

   Make bootstrap seems to fail here because some
   lisp/international/subst-* files are missing?

In subdir lisp/, do "cp ldefs-boot.el loaddefs.el"
to remove references to those now-defunct files.

thi

* Re: unicode branch is merged to trunk
@ 2008-02-01 19:12       ` csant
From: csant @ 2008-02-01 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thien-Thi Nguyen; +Cc: William Xu, emacs-devel

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 19:56:53 +0100, Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn@gnuvola.org>
wrote:

> () csant <csant@csant.info>
> () Fri, 01 Feb 2008 19:53:24 +0100
>
>    Make bootstrap seems to fail here because some
>    lisp/international/subst-* files are missing?
>
> In subdir lisp/, do "cp ldefs-boot.el loaddefs.el"
> to remove references to those now-defunct files.

Thanks, but that didn't help.  I am still failing on
	Generating autoloads for international/ccl.el...done
	Cannot open load file: subst-ksc
	make[3]: *** [autoloads] Error 255

/c

* Re: unicode branch is merged to trunk
@ 2008-02-01 19:37         ` csant
From: csant @ 2008-02-01 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thien-Thi Nguyen; +Cc: William Xu, emacs-devel

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 20:12:45 +0100, csant <csant@csant.info> wrote:

> Thanks, but that didn't help.

My apologies.  I forgot to make clean before.  Sorry for the noise.
/c

* Re: unicode branch is merged to trunk
@ 2008-02-01 19:59   ` Dan Nicolaescu
From: Dan Nicolaescu @ 2008-02-01 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Xu; +Cc: emacs-devel

William Xu <william.xwl@gmail.com> writes:

  > Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> writes:
  >
  > > There are two CVS tags bracketing the merge,
  > > "before-merge-unicode-to-trunk", and "merge-unicode-to-trunk".
  > >
  > > The only processing of ChangeLogs I did was to _prepend_ the
  > > ChangeLog.unicode files to the corresponding ChangeLogs, munge the dates in
  > > the ChangeLog entries (to be today), and delete ChangeLog.unicode files.
  > >
  > > I didn't do anything with "etc/NEWS.unicode", as the structure of
  > > "etc/NEWS" seems to be complicated enough that some effort will be required
  > > to merge them.
  >
  > Finally !
  >
  > I bless i might bootstrap my carbon emacs after the merge...

Unfortunately Carbon still remains unsupported after the merge.

* Re: unicode branch is merged to trunk
@ 2008-02-01 20:24           ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2008-02-01 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: csant; +Cc: William Xu, emacs-devel

() csant <csant@csant.info>
() Fri, 01 Feb 2008 20:37:14 +0100

   My apologies.  I forgot to make clean before.
   Sorry for the noise.

No worries.  It's good we can discuss this early
so that others can find it in the archives.

Emacs bootstrap has always been slightly weird...

thi

* Re: unicode branch is merged to trunk
@ 2008-02-02 10:25   ` Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2008-02-02 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Rauchenwald; +Cc: emacs-devel

Tom Rauchenwald skrev:
> Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> There are two CVS tags bracketing the merge,
>> "before-merge-unicode-to-trunk", and "merge-unicode-to-trunk".
>>
>> The only processing of ChangeLogs I did was to _prepend_ the
>> ChangeLog.unicode files to the corresponding ChangeLogs, munge the dates in
>> the ChangeLog entries (to be today), and delete ChangeLog.unicode files.
>>
>> I didn't do anything with "etc/NEWS.unicode", as the structure of
>> "etc/NEWS" seems to be complicated enough that some effort will be required
>> to merge them.
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> Thanks for your work! It is highly appreciated.

Yes, good work!

	Jan D.