On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 14:31:02 -0400 Chong Yidong wrote: CY> On reflection, the best solution is the one that needs the least work CY> from us. So it's probably best to ask the FSF sysadmins to request and CY> install a cert, as you originally suggested. Could you email them? To support HTTPS URLs, we'll at least need the appended patch (so https:// patterns are recognized). I also explicitly mention that file: URLs should be directory names even though it's implicit otherwise because I guarantee you, people will try it anyhow. See what you think. The certificate is installed and https://elpa.gnu.org/ should be up as soon as the firewall is opened for port 443. When the GnuTLS patch is in the trunk we can modify url-http.el as needed to use GnuTLS. Ted