() Lars Ingebrigtsen () Wed, 05 Oct 2011 02:23:40 +0200 then playing music though Emacs would Just Work instead of being something you'd have to work at to get. Are you sure? I get the impression sound reproduction is more timing sensitive than, say, image display. But it's like ImageMagick support. Does displaying images inside Emacs give you a better experience? I think it does. And I have a feeling the same would be the case with sound support. Hmmm. FWIW, here is a heavily modified TRAT, originally by Vikas Gorur. There are other playlist manglers of course...