Stefan Monnier writes: >> Right, both were assuming the use of the "interpreter-exec" command. > Makes sense. But as I said, I think for 24.1, it's too late to make > this change. Sure. I've attached a series of patches to: * Check if we are using a supported gdb interpreter * Disable gdb annotations * gdb >= 7 should be considered recent In addition, command "maint set linux-async on" does not exist. Feel free to change the code, as I don't know if my approach is the cleanliest way of doing it. Lluis