From: William Gardella <gardellawg@gmail.com>
To: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Would you like to work on improving Emacs full time?
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 15:53:01 -0400	[thread overview]

Tom <adatgyujto@gmail.com> writes:

> William Gardella <gardellawg <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> The best way to go about reaching the wider Emacs community might be to
>> create a "bounties" or "call for projects" page on the EmacsWiki and
>> publicize it through other media like the IRC channel and the identi.ca
>> group.
>>

> Good idea. Then I ask everyone here to please post this call for
> developers in other forums where you participate if you agree
> with its goal, to see if there are interested developers in the
> wider community.
>
> I've never been on the IRC channel and I haven't even heard about
> the identi.ca group until now and there can be other forums I
> don't know about, so it's better if those people who regularly
> frequent those forums spread the message there.
>
> If you do then you may want to direct people to this Gmane thread
> link which makes it easy to respond, so that the feedbacks are in
> one place instead of spreading them all over the net in different
> forums:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/149916
>

> If you want to show them the original crowdfunding thread which
> started this discussion then here's its link too:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/149738

Great idea.

While plotting this scheme and looking at the existing content on the
Wiki, I was reminded of http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WishList and
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CategoryWishList.  Some of the stuff here
is quite old and already tackled by Emacs, while some is now under
development thanks to the concurrency branch etc.  But sometime in the
next day or two I'll add a page somewhere in there soliciting sponsors
and developers for this crowdfunding scheme.

--
I use grml (http://grml.org/)