* Trunk segfaults on compiling
@ 2013-07-21  9:21 Julien Danjou
From: Julien Danjou @ 2013-07-21  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Trying to build from latest revision:

Author: Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu>
Date:   Sat Jul 20 23:53:47 2013 -0700

    Avoid vfork-related deadlock more cleanly.

Emacs segfaults while compiling CEDET.

Can anyone reproduce?

--
Julien Danjou
;; Free Software hacker ; freelance consultant

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Trunk segfaults on compiling
@ 2013-07-21 15:59 ` Paul Eggert
From: Paul Eggert @ 2013-07-21 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 07/21/2013 02:21 AM, Julien Danjou wrote:

>     Avoid vfork-related deadlock more cleanly.
>
> Emacs segfaults while compiling CEDET.

I can't reproduce it; 'make bootstrap' works fine on both
32- and 64-bit builds, on Fedora 17 with GCC 4.8.1.

If you discover that the abovementioned vfork-related patch
triggers the bug, please feel free to revert it.  That patch
simplifies the code and prepares for further cleanups in this
area, but it doesn't fix any bugs itself.

* Re: Trunk segfaults on compiling
@ 2013-07-21 17:04   ` Julien Danjou
From: Julien Danjou @ 2013-07-21 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggert; +Cc: emacs-devel