Artur Malabarba writes: > 2015-10-17 19:10 GMT+01:00 Taylan Ulrich Bayırlı/Kammer > : >> >> json.el yields Elisp s-expressions though. The closest approximation to >> an "Elisp s-expression editing mode" is emacs-lisp-mode. > > I've got something even better for you then. You can change your mode > to inherit from prog-mode and add this line: > (lisp-mode-variables nil nil 'elisp) > > This should make sure it has all the syntax definitions of > emacs-lisp-mode, without carrying its keybinds, eldoc, completion > functions, xref definitions, search-path, menu-bars, etc, which (IIUC) > wouldn't make sense for this json-sexp-mode. > > Of course, it's up to you. I'm just recommending what I would do. Ooh, thanks, that seems to be a good way to do it. (Some people might have to add paredit-mode to json-sexp-mode-hook when previously emacs-lisp-mode-hook would enable it for them, but that should be fine. I personally enable Paredit in prog-mode-hook.) Here's the updated patch.