John Wiegley writes: > This is functionality I'd like to add to rect.el. It allows you to specify a > rectangular region, and then edit just the contents of that rectangle in a > separate buffer. When finished (C-c C-c), it replaces the old rectangle using > insert-rectangle with the new contents. > > I'd appreciate comments on usability, fitness, etc. Also, after inserting the new rectangle, undo should restore buffer as before, just need for this to add `buffer-disable-undo` in first fn and `buffer-enable-undo` in second fn.