On Thu, Jul 06, 2017 at 10:46:18 +0200, Toon Claes wrote: > Let me first say, I am not against making Magit a GNU project, in > contrary. But I think Magit would never have gotten such a vibrant > community if the project was hosted on Savannah, rather than on GitHub. > > Having a more /modern development platform/, like GitHub/GitLab/Gitea/..., > makes it much easier for new contributors to participate on a project. You're free to use GitLab for GNU projects: https://www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria-evaluation.html > I know this discussion has been raised several times before, but I > really would like to see GNU/FSF to adopt a more modern platform. Yes, a GNU GitLab instance (for example) would be good to have. -- Mike Gerwitz Free Software Hacker+Activist | GNU Maintainer & Volunteer GPG: D6E9 B930 028A 6C38 F43B 2388 FEF6 3574 5E6F 6D05 https://mikegerwitz.com