* Proposing: emacs boston users mailing list
@ 2017-12-14 22:51 Ian Kelling
From: Ian Kelling @ 2017-12-14 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Development

I moved to Boston in June to work as a sysadmin for fsf and started
going to a bimonthly Boston area emacs meetup/meeting at the fsf office
where we discuss and teach emacs. The organizers would like a mailing
list for the meetup. I told them that I can create one on lists.gnu.org
but I should check in with emacs devel to make sure they are ok with it
and have any input on the name. One good reason for the list is to avoid
using similar functionality on meetup.com which requires nonfree
js. They think Emacs-boston-users is a good name and so do I.

They have been asking me to finish doing this for a few months, so I
know this is not on a whim.

- Ian

* Re: Proposing: emacs boston users mailing list
@ 2017-12-15  7:55 ` John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2017-12-15  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Kelling; +Cc: Emacs Development

IK> I moved to Boston in June to work as a sysadmin for fsf and started going
IK> to a bimonthly Boston area emacs meetup/meeting at the fsf office where we
IK> discuss and teach emacs. The organizers would like a mailing list for the
IK> meetup. I told them that I can create one on lists.gnu.org but I should
IK> check in with emacs devel to make sure they are ok with it and have any
IK> input on the name. One good reason for the list is to avoid using similar
IK> functionality on meetup.com which requires nonfree js. They think
IK> Emacs-boston-users is a good name and so do I.

I have no issues with it, and think Emacs-boston-users is a fine name.