Perry E. Metzger writes: > 2) Say one wants to do things like viewing something with javascript > off and without loading remote elements (say because one wants to > safely view some HTML email). What does one need to do to get this > to work? The widget is not fully integrated into Emacs. The extent to which one can conveniently communicate with the widget is by sending a string containing a JavaScript program to the widget and have it return a value. Everything else requires exposing Webkit API features to Elisp. Attached is an old patch that I never submitted that allows one to set webkit settings via Elisp. Unfortunately, disabling JavaScript for the widget also disables JavaScript evaluation of strings that are sent from Emacs – we use JavaScript for telling the widget to scroll, for example. (See “xwidget-webkit-scroll-bottom” or “xwidget-webkit-show-element”.)