Hello again, the nearly feature-complete latest version is attached. For testing, just load the file and M-x find-cmd-widget. The rest should be self-explanatory. Some find(1) options need some further fine-tuning. But I have a question: I want that C-c C-c in the _whole_ pop-up buffer starts the search - even when point is over a widget. I didn't get that work. The local map is ignored inside widgets. I don't want to change all individual widget maps. There are `widget-keymap' and `widget-global-map', but using them only works if I modify the global binding of these variables. In case of `widget-global-map' this would even mean changing global-map! Binding these variables buffer-locally doesn't have an effect. Any ideas how to get what I want? TIA, Michael.