Gregory Heytings writes: > I did not say it's "less modular", I said it is "not modular enough". OK, so at least we agree it's an improvement. And I also agree it's not modular enough, but mostly in the sense that nothing is ever is. >> Who do you think doesn't want to see those numbers? You personally? > I do not want to see these numbers indeed, and again I'd be surprised > if I were the only one. IMO displaying that information wastes CPU > cycles for no good reason. OK. Then patches welcome I guess. Do you have any indication of how many CPU cycles to do that measuring in comparison to the number spent without them? >> A hook is a variable, and considerably more complex than a >> boolean. Why is that better here and how would it solve the problem? > It is better because other users can define other functions in their > init files and use them instead of the default ones. What other functions? What is the protocol for this hook you are proposing? >>> frame-height = 47, 10 candidates are displayed, yet the candidates >>> list rotates on the 7th candidate (instead of the 11th one). >> This is by design. Works like Vertico and many other completers. > We can and should do better than other completers. But what's wrong with this approach? How is it bad and how could it be better? >> I also can't reproduce these two cases, not with Emacs -Q. Maybe >> you're using some extra configuration? What? > No, I'm using emacs -Q (on Debian GNU/Linux with GTK in case it > matters). I need a recipe so I can understasnd what you're doing and ensure neither of us is seeing poltergeist. Here's what I'm doing: emacs -Q -g 120x47 -f fido-mode -f fido-vertical-mode Type C-x C-f Scroll down a bit I attach a gif.