Eli Zaretskii writes: >> Looks good to me too, but this reminded me of one thing: Emacs (by >> default) chooses a variable-pitch font that is markedly smaller than the >> monospaced font, in my experience, and you can see the same in your >> screenshot. > > Here the font of variable-pitch face is actually larger by a pixel or > two, but this is MS-Windows. > >> I think we should look into that > > It probably has something to do with how we choose fonts, and also > with which fonts are available. Hm -- I wonder whether things have changed, because if I try it in "emacs -Q" now, it doesn't look as bad as I think I remember it being: