Philip Kaludercic writes: >> But there is a general principle that it is better to get the external >> interfaces right before installing something new. Changing those >> interfaces now won't require people to change habits; changing them >> later could do so. >> >> The code for checking out the current-version repo of an ELPA package >> should be very little different from the code for checking out the >> upstream repo. If the latter is already working, getting the former >> to work equally well shouldn't take long. Would you please do that? > > It can be done, but I believe it would be best to add those kinds of > annotations to the server side (elpa-admin.el). The issue is that > figuring out what version was used to release a package is non-trivial > using just vc. I have pushed a commit to feature/package+vc that will use the release revision (if it is known) when `package-vc-install' is invoked with a prefix argument. On the server side, all that has to be added for this to work is the following: