Reiner Steib writes: > I think adding *.pdf is fine (only ~ 1 MB) for a real benefit of many > users. This is one point we all agree on, so let's do it. > I didn't suggest to remove the PS versions, because on typical > GNU/Linux systems, the PDF would be converted to PS during the > printing process (e.g. with CUPS filters) so I'd rather keep the PS > files. If size disk space is important, we may gzip the PS files like > we do for *.el. Older Unix or GNU/Linux systems might not even be > able to print PDF while they can handle PS fine. I do agree. And I think there's no point saying on the one side ``Hey, buddy, you can use Emacs on your good'ol MO-5 and your toaster !'' and on the other side ``What ? You don't have a PDF viewer or converter ? Go die !''. I'd go for a patch like the following :