* Maintainer of rcirc?
@ 2010-01-01 19:28 Deniz Dogan
From: Deniz Dogan @ 2010-01-01 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel devel

Greetings, developers

Is there any maintainer of rcirc? The reason that I'm asking is that
there is a (rather important) patch which was submitted in February
2009 which no one seems to care about:

One user on #emacs tried applying the patch the other day and if I
remember correctly, eight out of nine "hunks" were applied
successfully, whereas one needed to be amended manually, so it is
still usable. The patch makes it possible to connect to servers which
require a password. Could someone please apply it?

Thanks,
Deniz Dogan

* Re: Maintainer of rcirc?
@ 2010-01-01 20:12 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2010-01-01 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deniz Dogan; +Cc: Ryan Yeske, Emacs-Devel devel

Deniz Dogan <deniz.a.m.dogan@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there any maintainer of rcirc? The reason that I'm asking is that
> there is a (rather important) patch which was submitted in February
> 2009 which no one seems to care about:
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2404
>
> One user on #emacs tried applying the patch the other day and if I
> remember correctly, eight out of nine "hunks" were applied
> successfully, whereas one needed to be amended manually, so it is
> still usable. The patch makes it possible to connect to servers which
> require a password. Could someone please apply it?

I believe rcirc is still maintained by Ryan Yeske.  CC'ing him...

* Re: Maintainer of rcirc?
@ 2010-01-01 23:31   ` Ryan Yeske
From: Ryan Yeske @ 2010-01-01 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel, deniz.a.m.dogan

> Deniz Dogan <deniz.a.m.dogan@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Is there any maintainer of rcirc? The reason that I'm asking is that
>> there is a (rather important) patch which was submitted in February
>> 2009 which no one seems to care about:
>> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2404
>>
>> One user on #emacs tried applying the patch the other day and if I
>> remember correctly, eight out of nine "hunks" were applied
>> successfully, whereas one needed to be amended manually, so it is
>> still usable. The patch makes it possible to connect to servers which
>> require a password. Could someone please apply it?
>
> I believe rcirc is still maintained by Ryan Yeske.  CC'ing him...

Yes I am still maintaining rcirc, though I haven't been as responsive to
patches and bug reports as I would like to be.  I apologise for that.

I will review this report and patch, and follow up in the next few days.

Ryan

* Re: Maintainer of rcirc?
@ 2010-01-04 17:40     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2010-01-04 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 15:31:12 -0800 Ryan Yeske <rcyeske@gmail.com> wrote:

RY> Chong Yidong <cyd@stupidchicken.com> writes:
>> Deniz Dogan <deniz.a.m.dogan@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Is there any maintainer of rcirc? The reason that I'm asking is that
>>> there is a (rather important) patch which was submitted in February
>>> 2009 which no one seems to care about:
>>> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2404
>>>
>>> One user on #emacs tried applying the patch the other day and if I
>>> remember correctly, eight out of nine "hunks" were applied
>>> successfully, whereas one needed to be amended manually, so it is
>>> still usable. The patch makes it possible to connect to servers which
>>> require a password. Could someone please apply it?
>>
>> I believe rcirc is still maintained by Ryan Yeske.  CC'ing him...

RY> Yes I am still maintaining rcirc, though I haven't been as responsive to
RY> patches and bug reports as I would like to be.  I apologise for that.

RY> I will review this report and patch, and follow up in the next few days.

Ryan, could you look at auth-source.el and see if you can use it in
rcirc while you're adding password support?  It should be trivial,
there's just one function to call (see in gnus/nnimap.el for example
usage).  Let me know if you need a patch; I don't use rcirc personally
so I had not thought of this sooner.

Thanks
Ted

* Re: Maintainer of rcirc?
@ 2010-01-27 15:05     ` Deniz Dogan
From: Deniz Dogan @ 2010-01-27 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryan Yeske; +Cc: Chong Yidong, emacs-devel

2010/1/2 Ryan Yeske <rcyeske@gmail.com>:
> Chong Yidong <cyd@stupidchicken.com> writes:
>
>> Deniz Dogan <deniz.a.m.dogan@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Is there any maintainer of rcirc? The reason that I'm asking is that
>>> there is a (rather important) patch which was submitted in February
>>> 2009 which no one seems to care about:
>>> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2404
>>>
>>> One user on #emacs tried applying the patch the other day and if I
>>> remember correctly, eight out of nine "hunks" were applied
>>> successfully, whereas one needed to be amended manually, so it is
>>> still usable. The patch makes it possible to connect to servers which
>>> require a password. Could someone please apply it?
>>
>> I believe rcirc is still maintained by Ryan Yeske.  CC'ing him...
>
> Yes I am still maintaining rcirc, though I haven't been as responsive to
> patches and bug reports as I would like to be.  I apologise for that.
>
> I will review this report and patch, and follow up in the next few days.
>
> Ryan

Any progress on this one?

--
Deniz Dogan