Eli Zaretskii writes: > I'm not sure I understand the UI and the interaction. When there are > several hits, they usually are spelled (almost) the same. So how > would the user pick up what he/she wants using the completion UI? The file usually differs, so that's one way to narrow down. Another way is to simply navigate the candidates (arrow keys, tab, etc.). > And where are the candidates shown -- in the minibuffer? or in a > special buffer, like Xref does? In the minibuffer. What I'm suggesting is to use Emacs' default completion framework so that Xref completion would work with anything: ido, fido, company, Helm, etc. -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/