On Mon, 23 Aug 2021 at 00:38, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote: > I think it sounds like a good idea. Could you format it up as a patch? All right, I have attached a patch. Since a comint buffer is editable, I chose an unobtrusive but less convenient keymap to the hyperlink buttons, based on bug-reference.el: 'C-c RET' opens the links. Note that there's a call to (autoload 'browse-url-button-open "browse-url.el") in the patch, which is probably not the best procedure. Should that function be autoloaded in browse-url.el? Finally, in case anyone wants to test or play around, a handler for the OSC 1337 escape (for inline images) could look like this: (defun comint-osc-1337-handler (_ text) (when (string-match ":" text) (insert-image (create-image (base64-decode-string (substring text (match-end 0))) nil t)))) Then one can say (add-hook 'comint-output-filter-functions 'comint-osc-process-output nil t) (push '("1337" . comint-osc-1337-handler) comint-osc-handlers) and use https://iterm2.com/utilities/imgcat to show (small...) images in the shell. However, I don't think it makes sense to provide this handler in Emacs itself, since it is rather nonstandard. Best, Augusto