Hi Stefan, Stefan Monnier writes: > We want to support packages where the "readme" is either inside a file > or inside a `Commentary:` section (and same thing for the news which can > be in a file or in the `News:` section), which is why we have this > function with this kind of "overloading". > > Currently regardless of its origin (file or section) the content is > taken to be "plain text". I'd like to extend this to allow not just > `foo.org` files (as your patch does) but also allow the use of Org > format in sections (maybe by calling it `Commentary.org:`). It's not > necessary to provide this support right now, but we can keep > `elpaa--get-section` more or less as it is now, just extend it to return > (TYPE . CONTENT). Currently the TYPE would be `text/plain` in all cases > except when the content comes from a file and the file's name ends in > `.org`. > > And we'd add 2 new functions: one that converts (TYPE . CONTENT) to > plain text (i.e. trivial when the type is `text/plain`) and > another that converts it to HTML (using `elpaa--html-quote` for the > `text/plain` case). > > Does it make more sense? Thanks, now I have a better idea of what you want. Hopefully this patch is close to what you have in mind.