Ihor Radchenko writes: > I will now try to record the data on my sessions and share it later. > We can then see what useful information can actually be extracted. I am attaching some stats I recorded by varying gc-cons-threshold and using Emacs. Some observations: 1. GC time increases over time 2. Total time spend in GC decreases with increases gc-cons-threshold 3. Avg time spend in a single GC is roughly the same, except for very high gc-cons-thresholds 4. Memory limit has no obvious correlation with gc-cons-threshold Of course, we need data from more users to draw meaningful conclusions.