Eli Zaretskii writes: >> For more details, please read at >> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Sending-Patches.html > > This refers to other places, so if the reader needs to read them, the > gain is largely an illusory one: you must read those referenced places > as well. You don’t have to read those places. I took care to ensure that all the essential parts for contributing a patch are in my shorter version. The reference to other places is there for people who think they have special requirements or want to understand *why* the rules are as they are. Maybe the text should make that clear, so this should not be "for more details", but "for explanations of these rules, please read https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Sending-Patches.html" Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein, ohne es zu merken. draketo.de