From: Divya Ranjan <divya@subvertising.org>
To: "Björn Bidar" <bjorn.bidar@thaodan.de>
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: On Bug #49065 and commercial-emacs
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2024 23:59:46 +0000	[thread overview]

Hello Björn!

> I tried to look into the patches that he send in said bug.
> However for me the issue was that the changes where wrapped in other
> changes that seemingly looked off-topic to the goal of having
> asynchronous fetching in Gnus.
> It was very hard to see what's what. He tried to rework somethings,
> complained about legacy gnus behavior and some issues regarding
> threading in Gnus.

Indeed, that was one of my first impressions from the patch as well. And
that is going to be the first hard task, to separate things from each other.

> All in this person is very hard to interact with, personally as well
> as the description and the lack of order in his changes.

Agreed, that is visible from the nature of his interaction, and the tone
of the text in the project page.

> Originally the patches where for Emacs 28 but there might be other newer
> changes in the master branch of his project.
> There's no topic branch or so that only contains the Gnus changes.

I was planning to mostly work on the patch that he sent, but it’s also
probably a good idea to look into the project as well. Since it’s GPL,
shouldn’t be an issue.

> Thanks for looking into the bug,

Would you be interested in teaming up for this? It could be a good idea,
given the humongous tasks.

Regards,

Divya Ranjan,
Philosophy, Mathematics and Libre Software