"Trent W. Buck" writes: > The initial hops are no longer shown in the path, nor on the first > line of dired buffers. Already I have been VERY confused because > a bad tramp-default-proxies-alist resulted in no proxy being used for > > /sudo:root@leek:/etc > > ...so that instead of editing leek's /etc as root, I was editing my > laptop's /etc as root! Since the path claims that I'm on root@leek, I > would have made disastrous changes to my local system if I hadn't > noticed that there was no /etc/ssh/sshd_config (because sshd is not > installed on my laptop). The appended patch shall fix it. Could you, please, test? Best regards, Michael.